What to Bring
We recommend you bring these items on your trip. Please contact us if you have any questions.
- Cash (dollars or soles under $50 bills please). Once you are at the lodge any additional purchases are cash only. This includes drinks at the bar, souvenirs, tips etc… All major expenses are taken care of in advance (lodging, excursions, food, transportation), but please bring cash for incidental expenses. Consider bringing cash for tipping your guide and/or the other staff members. Tipping is always appreciated and should be based completely on your satisfaction. Although it may not be customary to you, it is of considerable significance to the people who will take care of you during your travels.
- Light-weight clothing that breathes and easily sheds moisture (not cotton). Take one
set of clothes for each day.
- Long pants are recommended for jungle walks and insect prevention.
- Long or short sleeve shirts. Long sleeve shirts aren’t as cool, but protect better
- Long socks for insect prevention
- Hat for sun protection (baseball-style or wide-brimmed)
- 1 – 2 pairs of comfortable walking or hiking shoes (rubber boots are provided for some
- Insect repellent containing 20 – 30 % DEET. Many times there will be very few
mosquitos and insects. Other times there will be many. Take a small bottle that you
can keep in your pocket for use when needed.
- Plastic bag for dirty clothes
- Camera equipment
- High quality cameras and lenses or compact cameras, whatever suits you
- Dry bag or other water protection (at least a Ziploc bag)
- Don’t forget your battery charger.
- Flashlight (headlamps are usually best)
- Personal toiletries
- Personal medications
- Sandals or leisure shoes for around the lodge