We’re proud to be an almost 100%+ energy self-sufficient Amazon Lodge. Our mission is to provide a Once-In-A-Lifetime experience for each guest that stays at Treehouse. We want to ensure that you’re able to live among the Amazon animals and witness the rainforest, without adding any contamination.
Always aware of the environmental situation—including the recent fire in the Brazilian Amazon—each aspect of the Treehouse resort in Iquitos has been designed to significantly reduce environmental impact and to be considered an Eco-Friendly Lodge that you’ll love to visit.
A self-sustaining Amazon Eco-Friendly Lodge
- Electricity. All electricity used at the jungle lodge comes from the sun. The solar power system operates all of the electrical needs of the amazon lodge including lights, fans, kitchen, refrigeration, and communication. These solar panels collect energy throughout the day that is stored in batteries and then used in the evening.
- Water. The water that you will drink is from an intricate rain catchment system that captures the fresh rainfall from off the top of the treehouses and then goes through a 4-step purification process. We’ve eliminated single-use plastic from the Lodge and provide each guest with a stainless steel water bottle for the duration of their stay. The water that is used for showers, toilets, sinks and cleaning is all pulled directly from the river and put through a separate 4-step purification process.
- Waste. Disposal of waste is done in eco-friendly septic systems.
- Sound. The sound of the jungle is one of its most mesmerizing features. At Treehouse you are absorbed in jungle sounds instead of the constant rumbling of a generator.
- Experience. The simple experience of actually just being in the Amazon rainforest can be a life changer. We want every single one of our guests to know what it’s like to spot a sloth in the wild or to see the pink river dolphins for the first time in their natural habitat. We want each guest to depart with a renewed sense of responsibility for the livelihood of the planet wherever they are from.
- Hand Built: Treehouse Lodge was built by hand, with no heavy equipment, careful to leave the most minimal footprint possible. Every effort was made to preserve every tree and plant on the property. Construction of the Iquitos Treehouses was accomplished using onsite arborists. Methods and techniques were learned from consultants with decades of experience who have worked building in trees and maintaining platforms and cable bridges.
- Excursions: During your stay at the amazon eco-friendly lodge we will offer you 19 excursions that you’ll get to choose depending on your preferences. All of our excursions are built to minimize any impact on the environment and to give you a front-row seat to the flora and fauna of the Amazon.
Our hope is that every guest will return home with an increased appreciation for and commitment to the preservation of the Amazon rainforest and we hope you’ll help us in our efforts to productively enjoy the beautiful rainforest habitat. Contact us for more information about traveling while helping to reduce the environmental impact.