If you are planning your next vacation to Treehouse Lodge, you are probably wondering when is the best time to visit the amazon ecolodge. Spring, Summer, Fall, or Winter – Treehouse Lodge remains an ideal vacation retreat year-round.
December trough May brings high-water followed by the low-water season that spans June – November. In planning your trip, you will want to take into consideration the type of Amazon experience you prefer for your treehouse vacations.
High Water vs. Low Water at Treehouse Lodge
High Water: Typically December through May
- Rivers are about 20 – 25 feet higher.
- More waterways are navigable by canoe for animal and forest viewing in lakes and streams.
- More rain but generally not bad at all. Rain occurs frequently in low season too.
- A few degrees cooler.
- There tends to be a few more mosquitos, but that’s not an absolute and they can be found year around.
- 3 of the treehouses are in the flooded area between the river and the main lodge which makes a beautiful scene. The cable bridges easily carry you above the water.
- The amazon rainforest is usually its lushest and some would say most beautiful.
- More pink dolphins can be found directly in the front of the treehouse hotel, but they can easily be seen year around not far from the lodge.
Low Water: Typically June through November
- Rivers are about 20 – 25 feet lower.
- More jungle paths are exposed for walking excursions.
- Travel to some areas requires a little walking instead of only canoe.
- Less rain.
- A few degrees warmer.
- There tends to be fewer mosquitos, but that’s not an absolute.